Automation using Chat Bots with systems like Slack and GitHub
I’ve written PoshBot plugins…. Here’s what I want:
• Python/PowerShell/Go bot (3 languages i’m interested in right now)
• Supports newer slack features for dialogue for triggering actions and responses (populating drop downs etc)
• Easy to add a new function/dialogue without tons of development effort. Ideally scaffolding examples included.
• Either terraform stack to build lambda + required resources + apigateway etc
• OR docker based simple setup so I could spin up and run from any box without setting up windows services (poshbot was a bit tricky to do that with)
any tips? The modern slash app/dialogue support is sorely lacking in much of the solutions. I don’t want to using dialogue commands now. I want gui/dropdown/interactive. This will help adoption dramatically where I am
I’d like to hear more about your adventures writing the chat bots.
It’s an area I want to invest in more this year.
Nice. I might do that sometime soon. I’ve been meaning to put together a blog post on the poshbot piece. I haven’t been using as much because I feel that chatops for the majority of people is going to need to evolve to the dialogues and dropdowns etc and away from
!command approach. It’s just too challenging too most. I put most of my poshbot stuff on hold because of that